Plitvička jezera, Hrvatska

If you are wanting to take pictures of Waterfalls, the Plitvice lakes in Croatia are one of the most impressive phenomenons of nature. During three days, equipped with a medium format camera and a half waterproof jacket, I photographed the most spectacular waterfalls that Mother Nature formed in hundreds of years.

The national park was founded in 1949 and is situated in the mountainous karst area of central Croatia, at the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is the oldest national park in Southeast Europe and the largest national park in Croatia.

 The protected area extends over 296.85 square kilometres (73,350 acres). About 90% of this area is part of Lika-Senj County, while the remaining 10% is part of Karlovac County. In 1979, Plitvice Lakes National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register among the first natural sites worldwide. The national park is world famous for its lakes arranged in cascades. Currently, 16 lakes can be seen from the surface. These lakes are a result of the confluence of several small rivers and subterranean karst rivers. (Wikipedia)